INFORMATION ABOUT THE FLU AND COVID VACCINE
(These Vaccines are only available for Patients of Kinsale Medical)
If you require the Flu Vaccine or the Covid-19 Booster Vaccine, please ring 021 4772253 and leave your name and date of birth with the receptionist and a TEXT Link will be sent to your mobile where you will be able to book an appointment time. Please bring your PPSI number to your appointment or you will not be eligible for your vaccines.
- Patient’s groups eligible for the Flu Vaccine
- Age 65 years of age and older.
- A Child aged 2 to 17 years old.
- Are pregnant.
- All patients aged 6 – 23 months and 18 – 64 years at increased risk of influenza – related complication such as those with Chronic Illness ie Chronic Heart Disease, COPD, Cystic Fibrosis, moderate or severe Asthma and Diabetes.
- Patients with Immunosuppression due to disease or treatment and all Cancer Patients.
- Children and adults with Down Syndrome.
- Children with Cerebral Palsy and Intellectual disability.
- Healthcare workers.
- Household contacts of people with underlying chronic health conditions, and a Carer who provides ongoing significant level of care to a person of illness or disability.
- People in regular contact with pigs, poultry or waterfowl.
The Children’s FLU vaccine from 2 to 17 years old is NOT available until the end of October, a date for this clinic will be confirmed at a later time.
Please NOTE you are NOT eligible for the Covid Vaccine if you have been COVID POSITIVE OR RECEIVED a COVID VACCINE within the last 4 months, if this is the case PLEASE WAIT 4 MONTHS BEFORE YOU RECEIVE YOUR NEXT COVID BOOSTER VACCINE
The Covid Booster Vaccine is now available for patients of Kinsale Medical only
- All our patients over the age of 50 years old.
- Our patients that are pregnant (form 16 weeks).
- A healthcare worker – (patients of Kinsale Medical only, please bring your work ID).
- Patients 17 to 49 years old with a condition that puts you at high risk of serious illness from COVID-19.
T : +353 21 477 2253
F : +353 21 4777526
A : Kinsale Quarter, New Road,
Kinsale, Co. Cork, P17 RY11
For emergency after hours care:
T : 1850 335 999 (SouthDoc)